New York, NY — November 12, 2013 — Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), one of the nation’s largest booksellers and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced the 2013 "Best Toys of the Season" list for children. The expansive list features an unrivaled selection of educational toys and games across a broad range of ages and price points. All of the great products are available at Barnes & Noble stores nationwide and online at BN.com (www.bn.com/toys).
“Barnes & Noble is a place of discovery for families and our ‘Best Toys of the Season’ list is a great tool to help parents and gift-givers choose quality toys,” said Kathleen Campisano, Vice President, Toys & Games. “We offer the leading selection of educational toys and games, and our customers can browse in three distinct ways – by brand, by category and by age – in an environment that highlights fun and engaging learning products. It all happens at Barnes & Noble this holiday season; we truly have something for everyone on your list and we pride ourselves on the depth and breadth of the selection we uniquely curate.”
Barnes & Noble Holiday Survey
In a recently commissioned survey* focused on consumer habits around holiday shopping, Barnes & Noble discovered that 85% of adults are more likely to buy a toy or game that is both educational and fun for a child as a gift. With nearly 700 stores nationwide, Barnes & Noble is the best place for holiday shoppers to find the leading selection of Educational Toys & Games for kids, alongside the season’s biggest books, the hottest in DVDs and music, must-have electronics, gift cards and more, plus an expansive selection of specialty games, hobby and collectibles, and exclusive gift and bargain items.
“Families shopping for educational toys and games have a ton of options for fun and engaging play, from building sets and crafting kits to games, puzzles and more,” said Adrienne Appell, Toy Trend Specialist, Toy Industry Association. “Barnes and Noble’s list is a great resource for shoppers as they navigate through the store, and will help them select the perfect building, creating and learning toys for all the children on their holiday shopping list.”
- For Preschoolers: Fisher-Price School Days Play Desk
- For Bedtime: Twinkles to Go, from Cloud B
- For New Baby: Sophie Giraffe Teether, from Vulli
- For Little Hands: Wheeeels, from B Line
- For Early Learning: Musical Rainbow Tea Party, from LeapFrog
- Hot Pick: Big Hugs Elmo, from Hasbro
- For Learning: LeapPad 2 Power, from LeapFrog
- For Little Caped Crusaders: Imaginext Batcave, from Fisher-Price
- For Building Fun: Crazy Fort, from Everest
- For Little Puzzlers: Flower Princess 36-Piece Floor Puzzle, from Crocodile Creek
- For Emergent Readers: Alphabet Puzzle Pairs, from eeBoo
- Hot Pick: Flutterbye Flying Fairy, from Spin Master
- For Safe Keeping: Password Journal, from Mattel
- For Budding Fashion Designers: Rainbow Knitting Kit, from Bead Bazaar
- For Those Who Love a Challenge: Perplexus, from Spin Master
- For Animal Lovers: Animal Care Station, from Playmobil
- For Accessorizing: Fashion Headbands, from Creativity for Kids
- Hot Pick: Zoom Pets Zoomer Dalmatian, from Spin Master
- For Crafting & Sharing: Deluxe Magic Loom, from Quality Innovations
- For Tech Toy Fun: AquaBot, from Innovation First
- For Aspiring Artists: Spirograph, from Kahootz
- For Adventures in Building: MineCraft, from LEGO
- For Star Wars Fanatics: Star Wars Mandalorian Speeder, from LEGO
- Hot Pick: GO Mario Kart 7 Slot Car Set, from Carrera
The very best gifts are all at Barnes & Noble this holiday season and customers are invited to experience all of the items featured on these lists, as well as all the other great gift items Barnes & Noble has to offer, at any of Barnes & Noble’s nearly 700 stores nationwide or online at www.bn.com.
|About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The company operates 674 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). Its NOOK Media LLC subsidiary is a leader in the emerging digital reading and digital education markets. The NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store® (www.nook.com), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC operates 692 bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States. Barnes & Noble is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Service Champion and is only one of 50 U.S. companies so named. Barnes & Noble.com is ranked the number one online retailer in customer satisfaction in the book, music and video category and a Top 10 online retailer overall in customer satisfaction according to ForeSee E-Retail Satisfaction Index (Spring Top 100 Edition).
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company's corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
*Barnes & Noble Holiday Survey was conducted by Russell Research. The study was conducted online from October 18-21, 2013, among 1,009 adults across the U.S.