- Barnes & Noble has a retail presence in every state, with 627 bookstores.
- Between our retail stores and our online operations, Barnes & Noble sells approximately 155 million physical books per year.
- Barnes & Noble sells more than 1 million unique physical book titles every year.
- Barnes & Noble is the second-largest retailer of magazines in America, carrying about 5,500 magazine titles and nearly 1,000 newspaper titles.
- Barnes & Noble Cafés pour approximately 50.9 million beverages, bake 10.5 million cookies, serve 2.1 million cake and cheesecake slices, and grill 2 million sandwiches and flatbreads annually.
- Barnes & Noble hosts approximately 100,000 community events every year.
- For the 12th year in a row, Barnes & Noble earned the top rating of 100 percent in the 2019 Corporate Equality Index, an annual survey administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
- Barnes & Noble was named the most powerful retail brand (and #32 overall) in Tenet Partners 2016 Top 100 Most Powerful Brands Report.