Barnes & Noble Announces Summer Reading Campaign for Everyone
Every Store Nationwide Refreshed with New Summer Signage and Displays Designed to Highlight the Summer’s Biggest Reads Available at Amazing Values
Popular Summer Reading Program for Kids Returns; Kids in Grades One Through Six Can Earn a Free Book
New York, NY – May 16, 2017 – Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the nation’s largest retail bookseller and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced a first of its kind summer reading campaign for kids, young readers, teens and adults. Every Barnes & Noble store in the country has been refreshed with brand new summer signage and displays, designed to highlight the must-read books of the season, with many available at incredible discounts. The goal is to make sure that Barnes & Noble is the ultimate destination for everyone in the family to find the perfect summer read at the best possible price.
“This summer, Barnes& Noble is delivering something new and unique to every customer who walks through our doors looking for a great book to enjoy at the most affordable price,” said Mary Amicucci, Chief Merchandising Officer at Barnes & Noble. “We’ve made a huge effort to refresh all of our stores so they have an appealing new summer look and feel, but also to deliver a specially curated selection of summer reads for everyone in the family at amazing values.”
Following is a sample of some of the great book offers* for adults, teens and kids at Barnes & Noble this summer, with many more available in-store:
- A selection of favorite paperbacks are buy 2 get the 3rd free, including Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur, Commonwealth: A Novel by Ann Patchett and Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown, plus so many more.
- Select books from the ever-popular Barnes & Noble Classics series will be available at just $5 each, including Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne and Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, and featured on a special display at the front of the store.
Customers can also take advantage of special offers including 20% off a curated selection of “Books We’re Talking About” like Saints for All Occasions by J. Courtney Sullivan, Walkaway by Cory Doctorow and The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck, plus 20% off “Page Turning Thrillers” like The Lost Order by Steve Berry, All by Myself, Alone by Mary Higgins Clark and Vicious Circle by C. J. Box. Additionally, all stores will offer a specially curated selection of “This Summer’s Biggest Books” at 20%-30% off, featuring titles such as Into the Water by Paula Hawkins, Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton and Are You Anybody? by Jeffrey Tambor.
And, as always, Barnes & Noble offers select New Releases at 20%-30% off and Hardcover Fiction and Non-Fiction Bestsellers at 40% off for Members and 30% off for non-Members.
- Barnes & Noble has all of this year’s bestselling teen books available at incredible values. Several books for teens will be 20% off including A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah Maas, Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare (releasing May 23) and Once and for All by Sarah Dessen (releasing June 6).
- Popular picks for summer reading will be featured at 20% off including perennial bestsellers 1984 and The Great Gatsby.
For Young Readers
- For the first time ever, a curated selection of “Must Reads for Young Readers,” is available at 20% off, including The Giver by Lois Lowry, A Wrinkle in Time Trilogy by Madeleine L'Engle and Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls.
- Other offers include the award-winning summer workbook series “Summer Bridge Activities” for only $10 each, the National Geographic Kids Almanac 2018 for only $10 and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts I & II at half-price (only $14.99).
- Plus, as always, kids will be able to participate in the Summer Reading Program and earn a free book from a selection of books for grades one through six. All they have to do is read eight books and record them in their Summer Reading Journal, and tell us about which part of the book is their favorite and why, by visiting their local Barnes & Noble store or BN.com/SummerReading. They can then bring their completed journal to their local Barnes & Noble store between May 16 and September 5 to get their free book.
- A special selection of board books will be available at buy one, get one 50% off, including Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, Guess How Much I Love You and Don’t Push the Button!.
- The ever-popular Rainbow Fish will be available for only $7.99 with the purchase of any other kids book (offer begins June 6).
- A special buy one, get one 50% off offer on Mo Willem’s bestselling laugh-out-loud Elephant and Piggie Series is also available.
Many of the great in-store offers listed above will also be available at BN.com/SummerReading, which will also feature specially curated lists of the best summer books including riveting reads for adults, must-reads for teens and instant favorites for kids.
Additionally, customers can use the hashtag #BNSummerReading to find even more summer reading recommendations and learn about more of the fun and exciting events and offers available at their local Barnes & Noble store. And for even more information on everything happening at Barnes & Noble this summer, customers should visit BN.com/SummerReading or ask one of the knowledgeable booksellers at their local store.
*Many offers will be refreshed throughout the summer. All offers are for a limited time only and are available only while supplies last.
About Barnes & Noble
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 634 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store features more than 4.5 million digital books in the US (www.nook.com), plus periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (bnsnaps), and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.