Digital and Analog Worlds Unite in New Magazine
Limited-Edition Publication to Launch Exclusively in Barnes & Noble Stores
MCLEAN, Va. (May 7, 2018) — Even in the era of “there’s an app for that,” our largely tech-first culture is reclaiming timeless analog elements. Today the Paper & Packaging – How Life Unfolds® campaign unveils a new limited-edition print publication, Pod Papers Magazine, bringing podcasts to life in a way that has never been done before – in print. Complimentary copies of Pod Papers will be available exclusively in store at Barnes & Noble locations nationwide while supplies last.
“Our culture, though increasingly digital, is in the midst of a moment of reflection. For many, turning digital into analog is helping fuel inspiration and creativity,” observes Mary Anne Hansan, president of the Paper and Packaging Board. “Pod Papers is our answer to this cultural moment – it’s meant to be pored over and become a keepsake.”
Podcast listeners can now enjoy the beloved content of their favorite podcasts in a unique, visual form, providing the best of both worlds. The limited-edition magazine features content from eight popular podcasts spanning a variety of genres, including:
- 99% Invisible – Hosted by Roman Mars, 99% Invisible is one of the most popular podcasts on iTunes. It focuses on “the thought that goes into the things we don’t think about — the unnoticed architecture and design that shape our world.” For more, visit www.99percentinvisible.org.
- B&N Podcast –Hosted by executive producer Jim Mustich and other Barnes & Noble booksellers, The B&N Podcast by Barnes & Noble goes between the lines with today’s most interesting writers, exploring what inspires them, what confounds them, and what they were thinking when they wrote the books we’re talking about. For more, visit com/podcast.
- Dear Sugars – Hosted by Cheryl Strayed and Steve Almond, Dear Sugars is produced by The New York Times in collaboration with WBUR and is an advice podcast where no question is too deep, dark or silly. For more, visit www.nytimes.com/podcasts/dear-sugars.
- Design Matters – Hosted by Debbie Millman, Design Matters is the longest-running podcast about the intersections of design and contemporary culture. For more, visit www.designmattersmedia.com/designmatters.
- Foundr – Hosted by Nathan Chan, CEO of Foundr Magazine, Foundr is one of the largest digital resources for self-made entrepreneurs. For more, visit www.foundr.com.
- Grammar Girl – Hosted by Mignon Fogarty, founder of the Quick and Dirty Tips network, Grammar Girl provides short, friendly tips to improve your writing. For more, visitquickanddirtytips.com.
- The Longest Shortest Time – Hosted by Hillary Frank, The Longest Shortest Time focuses on parenting, but touches on universal themes relatable to all audiences. For more, visit www.longestshortesttime.com.
- Song Exploder – Hosted by Hrishikesh Hirway, Song Exploder is where musicians tell the story of how their songs were born, how they changed, and the process of creating. For more, visit www.songexploder.net.
The special-edition issue features artwork from illustrator and author Adam J. Kurtz as well as graphic novelist Cece Bell and was created in collaboration with some of the industry’s best paper mills for a premium reader experience.
Pod Papers Magazine is brought to you by the Paper & Packaging – How Life Unfolds® campaign and its more than 50 U.S. manufacturers and importers of paper and paper-based packaging. To learn more about the Paper & Packaging – How Life Unfolds® campaign, visit www.howlifeunfolds.com
About Paper & Packaging – How Life Unfolds®
The Paper & Packaging – How Life Unfolds® campaign is an industry-funded effort from more than 50 U.S. manufacturers and importers of paper and paper-based packaging. The campaign highlights the important role paper and packaging plays in our lives, helping us accomplish our goals and keeping our goods and products safe. In 2018, the campaign introduced two brand ambassadors that literally bring paper and packaging to life through fun and recognizable animated characters that highlight paper and packaging’s timeless power and relevance in our increasingly digital world. www.howlifeunfolds.com
Contact information: Kelly Kaufman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About Barnes & Noble
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is the world’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 630 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store (www.nook.com) features digital books, periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (bnsnaps), and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.