Barnes & Noble Unwraps the Holiday Season with Exclusive Books, Toys & Games, Gifts and More
Blockbuster Books, Brand-Name Toys & Games, and Knowledgeable Booksellers Make Barnes & Noble the #1 Holiday Shopping Destination
Exclusive Editions, Reading Socks, and a New NOOK®: Just Some of the Gifts You Can Only Get at Barnes & Noble This Holiday
New York, NY – November 5, 2018 – Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world’s largest retail bookseller, today unveiled its unique assortment of books, toys & games, gifts and other merchandise available in stores nationwide this holiday season. The Company said that its knowledgeable booksellers are at the heart of their holiday shopping experience because nobody knows books like they do. Booksellers can help customers find exclusive editions and products, and the perfect gifts for everyone on their shopping list. The Company also has a specially curated online Holiday Gift Guide.
“Our booksellers are extremely passionate about finding the right genre, author, gift, or fandom for our customers, and they are a resource available in our stores across the country to help customers find what they need in time for the holidays,” said Tim Mantel, Chief Merchandising Officer at Barnes & Noble.
This is the biggest publishing season since 2014, with a huge selection of new blockbuster book titles featuring bonus content penned specifically for Barnes & Noble. The Company also has exclusive gift bundles for Harry Potter fans and vinyl releases for music lovers, a line of popular reading socks for cozying up with a book, a new NOOK tablet with the largest screen ever for reading and browsing, and hundreds of the best educational toys and games on the market.
To make buying the perfect gift even easier, Barnes & Noble offers the Buy Online, Pick up in Store option in all of its 629 bookstores around the country. Even on Christmas Eve, customers can place their order on available items until 12 PM and pick them up before stores close that day.
“This holiday season we are offering unique and inspirational products and promotions that will help take the stress out of the holiday shopping season for our customers,” Mantel said.
Barnes & Noble knows books, and this season is filled with a lot of new and exciting titles. From thrillers to literary fiction to YA series favorites and highly-anticipated new titles for kids there is a wide selection of exclusives that are only available at Barnes & Noble. Customers can find Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks featuring a personal essay from the author to readers on the lost art of letter writing; A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult, containing an author Q&A and discussion guide; an exclusive hardcover edition of The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur; and the new Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild by Dav Pilkey with an exclusive coloring poster. Other exclusives available only at Barnes & Noble include:
- How to Catch a Snowman by Adam Wallace.
- Barbara Kingsolver’s Unsheltered, featuring a special afterward from the author that shares insights on her inspiration for themes, characters and the genesis of this book.
- Hindsight: & All the Things I Can’t See in Front of Me by music sensation Justin Timberlake, including 16 exclusive pages of never-before-seen photographs.
- Kingdom of the Blind by Louise Penny, with exclusive bonus content including the author’s descriptions of the real places in the books, along with maps of Three Pines.
- Time’s Convert by Deborah Harkness, with exclusive material including an additional scene illuminating an unexplored facet of Marcus Whitmore and Matthew de Clermont’s bond.
- Stephen Hawking’s Brief Answers to the Big Questions, containing heartfelt tributes given during Stephen Hawking’s memorial service on June 15, 2018 from colleagues who knew him both as a peer and friend.
- Guinness World Records 2019 includes eight bonus pages with a make-your-own record selector and extra records to test your skills.
Toys & Games
- POP Harry Potter: Herbology pack, which includes three Harry Potter-themed vinyl Funko POP!s of Harry, Ron and Hermione
- Grinch with Max Plush
- Lord of the Rings - Quest to Mount Doom. A Middle Earth Adventure Game
- Superfight: Superchest
Specialty & Gift
- Reading Socks (available in multiple colors and patterns)
- Literary Gift Wrap and Gift Bags by Hallmark
- New NOOK tablet with 10.1” screen perfect for reading, lightweight and stylish design, and 2 in 1 tablet capabilities for browsing, watching shows, and emailing
- Exclusive Turntable and Speaker Bundle from Crosley
- Exclusive Vinyl Editions including:
- Bridges by Josh Groban
Holiday Gift Guide
Nobody knows gift-giving like Barnes & Noble, and with the enhanced online Holiday Gift Guide, it makes it easy to discover unique and exclusive gifts for everyone. This online shopping tool is simple to navigate, featuring tabs like, “Him & Her,” “Teen & YA,” “Big Kids,” “Little Kids,” “Babies & Toddlers,” “Toys & Games,” “Pop Culture & Trend,” “Special Values,” and more. Each section is specially curated to make gift-giving a seamless and enjoyable experience.
My Cookie Story Contest
Barnes & Noble is full of stories, and this year the Company is asking customers to share the story of their favorite holiday cookie along with the recipe. Starting on December 4, customers can submit their story and recipe online or in stores, and enter to win $5,000 and the chance to have a version of their cookie at Barnes & Noble Cafés around the country next holiday season. Judges include Rose Levy Beranbaum, author of Rose’s Baking Basics, Deb Perelman, author of The Smitten Kitchen, Sandy Solmon, President of Sweet Street Desserts, Katie Workman, author of Dinner Solved!, and Barnes & Noble Café Operations Communications Manager Jason Arthur, who will be a contestant on this season of ABC’s The Great American Baking Show: Holiday Edition, premiering on December 6 at 9/8c PM on ABC. Customers can learn more at BN.com/mycookiestory.
Barnes & Noble welcomes customers to join in the excitement of the holiday season on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat (bnsnaps) and Facebook, using the hashtag, #BNTheKnow. For more information on this holiday season, customers can speak with a bookseller in store, or visit BN.com/Holiday.
About Barnes & Noble
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is the world’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 629 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store (www.nook.com) features digital books, periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (bnsnaps), and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.