Barnes & Noble Invites Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts Fans to “Explore the Magic” Event Celebrating the Wizarding World on November 17
Stores Nationwide Will Host Wizarding World-Themed Activities, Cosplay, and Exclusive Offers and Giveaways
Event to Celebrate the Release of Warner Bros. Pictures’ film Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling Published by Scholastic, and Additional Official Movie Tie-in Books
New York, NY – November 7, 2018 – Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world’s largest retail bookseller, today announced a special event in stores nationwide to “Explore the Magic” and celebrate the Wizarding World, in honor of the release of Warner Bros. Pictures’ film Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. On Saturday, November 17, beginning at 2 PM, stores across the country will invite fans to participate in activities including a Harry Potter-themed pop-up book activity, a LEGO® group building challenge, cosplay, and a photo opportunity with a special movie backdrop.
“We are thrilled to share in the excitement of the new Fantastic Beasts screenplay and the upcoming Warner Bros. Pictures movie with Wizarding World fans across the country with this special event and great offers,” said Stephanie Fryling, Vice President of Merchandising, Children’s Books, at Barnes & Noble. “Our booksellers always enjoy celebrating the exhilaration of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts movies and movie tie-in books, and we look forward to sharing this special event with fans.”
One day after the November 16 theatrical release of Warner Bros. Pictures’ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Barnes & Noble will host fans for various activities, giveaways and photo opportunities including:
- Creating a take-home Hedwig pop-up to celebrate Insight Editions newly released Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Guide to Hogwarts by Matthew Reinhart
- A LEGO Fantastic Beasts group building challenge
- A photo opportunity in front of an exciting movie backdrop
- Wizarding World-themed trivia and coloring activities
- Dress-up and cosplay with 10% off wearables the day of the event
- Wizarding World giveaways, including a Fantastic Beasts movie poster and mini book kits brought to you by Running Press, while supplies last.
“We know how much our customers love our new, exclusive and fan-favorite Wizarding World-related toys, games, and wearables, which is why we are bringing in, for one day only, a limited supply of our Exclusive Harry Potter LEGO Mini Figure Black Friday offer,” said Kathleen Campisano, Vice President, Toys & Games at Barnes & Noble. “This way, customers who love LEGO & Harry Potter can get the first chance at this highly coveted and collectible gift with purchase.”
Barnes & Noble’s in-store only exclusives and promotions on Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts-related items in November include:
- A $10 reward card with the purchase of Scholastic’s Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald screenplay (11/16 to 11/21)
- Free set of four exclusive LEGO Harry Potter Minifigures with any LEGO purchase of $75 or more, while supplies last (11/17, and then again on Black Friday)
- Special offers on select Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts wands and wearables such as the Sorting Hat, Harry Potter Glasses, and Dobby Ears (11/17)
- Special offers on the new Jelly Belly Harry Potter Inspired Chocolate Wands (11/17) and Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavour Beans (11/1 to 12/31)
- Free WREBBIT3D™ Harry Potter Ford Anglia™ Puzzle w/ the purchase of a Harry Potter WREBBIT3D Puzzle (11/17)
Customers can sign up for this special event online at BN.com, or by speaking with a knowledgeable bookseller at their local Barnes & Noble. They can also read more about the event at BN.com/ExploreTheMagic, and shop from a wide selection of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts products on BN.com.
About Barnes & Noble
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is the world’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 629 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store (www.nook.com) features digital books, periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (bnsnaps), and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.