Whether you work in one of our bookstores or in our corporate offices, you will see these values at work through the actions of our people and the implementation of our strategies:
- Customer Service – Whether in our stores or online, we strive to make every customer a "customer for life" by providing extraordinary customer service that represents going “above and beyond,” and quick resolutions to each customer inquiry.
- Quality – Our actions and personal standards reflect our mission of being the best specialty retailer in America. We focus on delivering desired results within established timeframes.
- Empathy – We show that we care for each other through our decisions, actions and words, and commit to praising and thanking one another for work well done. We show that we care about our customers and are thankful to be booksellers and positively impact the communities in which we live through the arts, literacy and education.
- Respect – We treat our fellow booksellers and customers with dignity and respect.
- Integrity – Our business and personal principles reflect the highest standards of ethics and integrity. We follow rules and procedures, are honest, keep our commitments, and continually give the best effort.
- Responsibility – We express support for our company decisions and programs. We take action with a sense of urgency. We align our day-to-day decisions with overall company goals. We embrace change. We are willing to assume additional responsibilities, confront problems and achieve effective results.
- Teamwork – We help create an environment through personal actions that nurtures open communications and enthusiasm. We collaborate and provide feedback in a constructive manner. We follow up with people in a timely manner. We share information, provide support, and model behaviors that create a positive workplace – and encourage others to do the same.