- Barnes & Noble has a retail presence in every state, with 632 bookstores.
- Between our retail stores and our online operations, Barnes & Noble sells approximately 190 million physical books per year.
- Barnes & Noble sells more than 1 million unique physical book titles every year.
- Barnes & Noble is the second-largest retailer of magazines in America, carrying about 5,500 magazine titles and nearly 1,000 newspaper titles.
- Barnes & Noble Cafés pour approximately 57 million beverages, bake 4.2 million cookies and 1.2 million scones, serve 1.8 million cheesecake slices, and grill 1.9 million sandwiches annually.
- Our U.S. NOOK Store® features more than 4.5 million eBook titles.
- Barnes & Noble hosts approximately 100,000 community events every year.
- For the ninth year in a row, Barnes & Noble earned the top rating of 100 percent in the 2017 Corporate Equality Index, an annual survey administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
- Barnes & Noble was named the most powerful retail brand (and #32 overall) in Tenet Partners 2016 Top 100 Most Powerful Brands Report.